Bilingual Financial Social Worker (FSW)
LifeWise StL is seeking a full-time Bilingual Financial Social Worker (FSW) to create and maintain relationships with participants to develop and achieve goals towards economic wellness. An ideal candidate will be well-versed in understanding each participant’s holistic needs, addressing immediate basic needs, and have a basic working knowledge of goal setting, and developing a plan that will help participants overcome economic barriers. The FSW seeks to promote a culture of asset building and financial wellness among low income communities of both native and foreign-born participants. LifeWise StL will provide training and certification for Financial Social Work.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-Facilitate/ Facilitate and instruct financial and wealth management education workshops.
- Provide formal intake, needs assessment, develop a S.M.A.R.T. action plan that identifies goals, barriers and next steps for the participants.
- Develop on-going relationships with participants through one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Utilize financial social work practices and financial coaching techniques and skills to support participants’ goals in: regularly saving, achieving greater income, reducing debt, increasing assets and net worth.
- Update and report accurate data for the purpose of ensuring data integrity and outcome driven programming.
- Assist with marketing, outreach, recruitment and retention of program participants.
- Participate in staff meetings, program meetings, strategic planning, and other community meetings as required.
- Attend required trainings and recommended professional development and networking opportunities to advance personal and organizational capacity (paid for by LifeWise StL).
- Other duties as assigned.
- LifeWise StL staff partner with individual and group volunteers, who provide over 25,000 service hours to the organization annually. As such, the successful employee will work collaboratively with organizational leadership, co-workers, volunteers, and colleagues from within and outside the organization to deliver and support holistic, client-focused programming.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent degree required. Master’s Degree in Social Work or similar field preferred.
- One year experience in social services with one-on-one case management experience or counseling experience.
- Basic knowledge of financial management tools and terminology.
- Able to enthusiastically facilitate discussion and connect with individuals in a group environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and detailed oriented a must.
- Excellent public speaking, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Must be able to work independently and work with minimal supervision in the field.
- Provide ethical and sound judgment when advocating and servicing clients in need.
- Experience working with underserved and diverse populations; experience working with senior adults a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and some non-traditional hours (one evening, biweekly).
- Previous experience with financial services and products a plus.
- Skilled at taking initiative, problem solving and working independently.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject line, write “Financial Social Worker .”
LifeWise StL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees