Job Developers provide employment connectivity for immigrant and refugee job seekers by working directly with employers in a variety of industries and positions across St. Louis to facilitate screening and referral to jobs. Job Developers also guide, coach, and prepare clients for successful employment and career advancement in the US. This regularly requires local travel during work hours as part of the role.
• Participate in full cycle recruitment activities including job description development, sourcing, screening, interviewing, onboarding and posthire support by working with employer partners
• Engage and recruit for a variety of positions with familysupporting wages and based on careerladdering options and client career pathway needs
• Maintain regular contact and interactions with assigned employers over the phone, through email and facetoface interactions
• Collaborate with Workforce Solutions staff for clients' program enrollment and to ensure grant compliance
• Complete all necessary job retention follow ups
• Review incoming Job Order Forms from employers and initiate professional communication
• Participate in departmental meetings and employment and career advancement projects
• Coordinate entire hiring process for each hired individual to ensure all necessary steps and requirements are fulfilled before client begins work
• Teach and reinforce employment preparedness curriculum and coach clients during their employment process, as well when issues arise
• Closely collaborate with the other departments' staff to assist in creating synergy amongst the program's training, prescreening, career advancement, and outreach strategies
• Complete all associated grant reporting and documentation
• Maintain confidentiality of all client records and information
• Other duties include coldcalling, report writing, maintaining and updating employer records, scanning, retention documentation, etc., among others
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned
• Excellent interpersonal, networking, and communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and online database
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines; possess flexibility, professionalism, and empathy in times of stress
• Strong organizational skills and experience with selfdirected workload
• Ability to prioritize, effectively manage multiple projects concurrently, and take ownership of work.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team as necessary.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of organization’s information.
• Must be meticulous, but able to maintain a balanced perspective in rapidly changingbusiness circumstances.
• Ability to work productively in a multicultural environment and demonstrate respect fordifferences.
• Ability to work an irregular schedule, if necessary
• Linguistic ability in Spanish, Swahili, Arabic, Dari, Pashto, Kinyarwanda, or Somali preferred
• Knowledge of US employment law/recruiting process is preferred
• Must have a car and valid driver's license with proof of insurance
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework (such as Human Resources, Marketing, Public Relations, or Business Administration), preferred
• Associate’s Degree with relevant coursework and 2 years of full-time experience
• Increasingly responsible (2-4 years of full-time equivalent experience) in job development, human resources, job placement, or closely related field.
• Prior sales or customer service experience a plus
The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Services Provided On A Non-Discriminatory Basis