Vice President of Operations with Sabre
Sabre’s mission is to help you make it safe by providing best-in-class personal safety and home security solutions to maximize your safety. In 1975 Larry Nance started Sabre with a $228 investment. Today the second generation of the Nance family is leading Sabre as the world’s largest pepper spray manufacturer, providing police-strength protection to consumers and law enforcement across the globe.
Sabre is seeking an experienced Vice President of Operations in St. Louis, MO with a proven track record of establishing product and manufacturing processes that drive operational excellence. The Vice President of Operations will be responsible for formulating strategies, planning operations, ensuring effective execution of Sabre’s operational activities, and helping to shape the company’s culture. This position will oversee a team of leaders who are responsible for Warehousing, Manufacturing, Distribution, Production, Quality/Lab, and Systems. The Vice President of Operations will play a critical part in driving Sabre’s operational success and contributing to the overall growth and profitability of the company. The right candidate is a strategic thinker who will manage from the manufacturing floor; working with the teams to identify problems and helping to develop solutions.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President of Operations will be responsible for:
Strategic Planning & Execution – Developing and executing operational strategies aligned with the company’s overall goals and growth initiatives. Driving the vision, mission, and long-term objectives of the operations function, ensuring alignment with the broader organizational strategy. Collaborating closely with the executive leadership team to establish and deliver against strategic plans objectives. Maintaining effective communication channels throughout the organization, ensuring alignment, and understanding of operational goals, progress, and challenges.
Cross-Functional Collaboration and Team Leadership – Leading and inspiring cross-functional teams to foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement. Ensuring that the areas of oversight achieve their quarterly and annual goals.
Operational Excellence and Efficiency – Championing process improvement initiatives, leveraging proven methodologies to drive operational excellence. Ensuring production schedules, quality standards and cost efficiencies are consistently achieved.
Financial Management and Performance Metrics – Developing and monitoring key performance indicators to assess operational effectiveness. Identifying trends and utilizing data-driven decision making. Managing budgets and ensuring efficient resource allocation to optimize operational performance while maximizing profitability.
Culture & Team Leadership – Identify, retain, and develop top talent, establishing a team of highly motivated and engaged employees. Creating a culture of quality, safety, and continuous improvement. Be a steward of the Sabre mission, vision, and core values, demonstrating professional excellence and holding employees accountable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Engineering, Business, or a related field. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Proven experience in an executive-level operations role, with a minimum of five years of progressive leadership experience in operations management.
- Demonstrated success in strategic planning, operations management, and cross-functional leadership. Ability to set and execute a strategic vision, foster collaboration, and drive operational excellence.
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven mindset, with a track record of translating data into actionable insights.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to effectively influence and collaborate at all organizational levels and with both internal and external partners.
- Proficiency in Lean, Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies.
- A solid understanding of manufacturing technologies, supply chain best practices and quality management systems.
- Proven experience in change management and driving transformation through an organization.
- Experience managing IT development, networking, data security, data management, ERP systems and IT teams.
Ready to Apply?
If you are interested, qualified, and ready to take the next step, click here to apply. All inquiries and resume submissions will be treated as strictly confidential. Please do not contact Sabre directly.
Collaborative Strategies, Inc. is a St. Louis-based consulting firm with a dedicated search practice and has been connecting talent with opportunity since 1994. We take pride in matching talented leaders seeking mission-critical endeavors with entrepreneurial organizations. For more information, visit us at getcollaborative.com.
| Equal Opportunity Employer |