Marketing Leader with Swank Motion Pictures
Collaborative Strategies, Inc. is conducting this search on behalf of Swank Motion Pictures Inc.(“Swank”). Swank is privately owned by the Swank family and headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, with an additional office in Paris, France. The company’s mission is to help spread the magic of movies + TV shows beyond homes and theaters for customers in a variety of different markets. Since 1937, Swank has closely partnered with major Hollywood Studios to provide licensing and distribution of content to non-theatrical markets including worldwide cruise lines, U.S. colleges and universities, K-12 public schools and libraries, hospitals, motor coaches, trains, correctional facilities, as well as many other businesses.
Swank is a recognized leader in public performance copyright licensing for these markets. With a strong culture of providing exceptional customer service, innovative technology, and in partnership with the world’s best content creators, Swank works closely with their customers to entertain, inspire, and inform audiences wherever they might be.
Swank is seeking an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented, Marketing Leader to help maximize the company’s growth opportunities in new and existing markets. This leader will work closely in partnership with the business’s Co-Presidents to plan, develop, and implement the Company’s marketing strategy across business-to-business markets. With an emphasis on prioritizing digital marketing opportunities in high growth markets, this leader will be a key member of the company’s management team.
Reporting to the President, the ideal candidate will:
- Define the strategy to drive messaging for both new and existing customers to achieve sales goals. Partner with the key members of the senior management team to develop strategy, tactics, goals, return-on-investment, and budgets by market.
- Work closely with market leaders to ensure proper positioning, market and competitive analysis, segment plans, and subsequent adjustments to ensure success.
- Key focus on scaling growth segments, business development, digital strategy, and the company’s website.
- Develop and track proper metrics and success criteria for all marketing programs and activities. Identify trends and develop strategies to address areas that are not meeting expectations.
- Work closely with the sales teams to understand gaps, constraints, and market needs to ensure the proper strategy is created.
- Work closely with the executive team to facilitate the growth of major customer accounts by developing and managing partner strategies and programs and identifying and developing strategic alliances.
- Be an effective communicator of the company’s mission, as well as a role model for the company culture.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in Business Administration preferred.
- A minimum of seven years of relevant marketing experience, preferably in B2B marketing, with at least five years in a management capacity in high-growth environment(s).
- A customer-centric executive who can demonstrate an understanding of the premise of marketing, selling, and delivering a product in such a way that exceeds customer expectations, aligns with the Company’s brand, and is a positive reflection of the film studios the Company is representing.
- Exceptional leadership skills, evidenced by successfully building, motivating, and managing high-performance teams.
- A history of effectively partnering with executives, senior management, third parties, and others in support of business objectives.
- A proven track record of building, achieving, exceeding growth plans. Demonstrates operational expertise and executive leadership.
- Proficient in customer relationship management and enterprise resource planning platforms.
- Extremely effective public speaking skills and executive presence.
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability, and authenticity. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates Self - Control. Manages impulsive feelings and distressing emotions well. Stays composed and positive in all moments.
- Must be extremely Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit fluid circumstances.
- Is always Optimistic. Demonstrates a “positive mental attitude.” Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles. Operates from a plan of success rather than a fear of failure.
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous process of education and development. Acknowledges and rewards people’s strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful feedback and helps to identify others’ needs for future growth. Mentors; gives timely coaching and offers assignments that challenge and foster an individual’s skills.
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission. Encourages others to lead themselves by creating a trusting environment that encourages responsibility and accountability. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its pursuit. Models the change expected of others.
- Fosters Communication. Is effective in give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens well; seeks mutual understanding and welcomes the sharing of information fully. Fosters open communication.
Location and Travel:
This position is based in the office full-time in Sunset Hills, Missouri. Must have the ability to travel to customers periodically and as necessary.
Ready to Apply?
If you are interested, qualified and ready to take the next step, click HERE to apply. Please do not contact Swank Motion Pictures Inc. directly.
About Collaborative Strategies:
Collaborative Strategies, Inc. is a St. Louis-based consulting firm with a dedicated search practice and has been connecting talent with opportunity since 1994. We take pride in matching talented leaders seeking mission-critical endeavors with entrepreneurial organizations.
Visit us to see all of our current opportunities and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn. We value your privacy. Inquiries and resume submissions will always be treated as strictly confidential.
EOE, including disability/veterans.