Content Marketing Coordinator
Link to apply:
Content Marketing Coordinator
Center of Creative Arts, St Louis, MO, US
Salary: $20 hourly
COCA (Center of Creative Arts) is a leading, multidisciplinary community arts organization committed to enriching lives and building community through the arts. As an innovative model for arts education and nationally accredited for artistic and educational excellence, COCA serves as a regional hub for learning in and through the arts for all ages from all backgrounds and skill levels. The organization was founded with the intention of being a place of artistic learning that would transcend the boundaries of geography, race, and class. COCA celebrates diversity in perspectives, backgrounds, artistic disciplines, and experiences, and believes everyone should have access to experience the arts. It has grown to become one of the most diverse cultural institutions in St. Louis, a position bolstered by a commitment to access and equity.
COCA offers a robust benefit package that includes:
- Access to health benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA) and company paid Life Insurance and Short & Long Term Disability coverage.
- Paid time off and sixteen (16) paid holidays.
- Complimentary tickets to COCA productions, subject to availability.
- COCA camps, classes & workshop discounts.
The Content Marketing Coordinator, in collaboration with the Director of Marketing, is responsible for developing and maintaining COCA’s grassroot marketing efforts, email marketing, social media, and marketing reporting. The Content Marketing Coordinator is COCA’s on-staff photographer at all events, performances, classes, and camps.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Develop digital strategic initiatives and collaborate with COCA’s various department leaders on schedule, content, and outreach for events and projects, ensuring that they are accurately and strategically presented and in a timely manner.
- Develop grassroots distribution campaigns to support COCA’s programming and COCApresents performances, including creating organizational relationships, maintaining distribution lists, developing distribution materials, and arranging distribution.
- Increase grassroots efforts and continually work towards new partnerships with local businesses and organizations.
- Act as a staff photographer for a variety of COCA events, performances, campaigns, classes, and camps; including organizing, editing, and uploading to internal storage and sharing sites in a timely manner.
- Manage and maintain all of COCA’s photography assets.
- Execute email marketing efforts via WordFly with a mobile-first philosophy. Develop schedule and strategy for distribution. Draft copy, build and send E-blasts, maintain segmented contact database, and track and results and conversion rates.
- Provide support of the strategy, creation, execution, and paid advertising strategy of content across COCA’s social media channels, which include but are not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Generate content and engagement opportunities to advance COCA’s programming and mission, and to generate and increase ticket sales for the COCApresents performance season.
- Attend COCA events, performances, classes, and camps for social media channels to capture content.
- Coordinate with outside sources such as school partners, sponsors, faculty, and community partners to provide social media toolkits and content for partner promotion.
- Stay abreast of digital trends, changes, and platforms to ensure COCA’s digital footprint is optimized and relevant.
- Track COCApresents performances, COCAcamps, and class sales, social media, website statistics and provide reports.
- Provide design support to Design Manager as needed for both digital and print projects.
- Support website maintenance and work with Communication Manager to align visual looks and messaging.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Qualifications:
- Passion for COCA’s mission.
- Must be knowledgeable about issues and trends facing the arts and arts education.
- 1–3 years’ experience in marketing, digital media, or a related field is preferred. Non-profit experience is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or significant professional experience is required; marketing, communications, videography, or other relevant field is preferred.
- Excellent photography skills: Experience with Canon EOS Rebel T5i camera is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and all common social media platforms; Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator; Knowledge of WordPress and HTML is required.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Knowledgeable about issues and trends facing the arts and arts education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive, passionate communicator.
- Ability to problem solve, manage projects, work under pressure, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced culture.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with demonstrated organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively on a team and independently to see projects through to completion.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects.
• Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, calculator, and standard office equipment.
- This position requires evening and weekend hours.
COCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at COCA are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. COCA is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity, and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment. COCA complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.