Precoat Metals Production Workers needed at Granite City, IL Plant
- Granite City, IL 62040, USA
Since 1961, Precoat Metals (www.precoat.com) has been setting the standards in the coil coatings industry worldwide. We are able to achieve a "culture of excellence" thru the hard work and talent of the people on our team.
The Production Worker is a vital part to the overall operations to the plant. And the experience you have may make you a perfect fit to join our team at our Granite City, IL plant. You will be called upon to assist with, and may be assigned work in, any area of the plant, including coating lines, slitting, shipping, receiving, paint vault, and packaging.
Some of your Responsibilities include:
- Retrieves and transports bare coils and maintains flow of metal to lines by safely operating cranes, forklifts, and upenders without damaging material or equipment.
- Trims, packages and bands finished coils according to customer specifications using proper skids, bands, pads, and wrapping materials.
- Inspects coils and identifies and reports defects.
- Reads and interprets production schedules.
- Accurately identifies proper skid and package specified on schedules.
- Reads and accurately records coil weights, order numbers, etc.
- Loads or unloads received or shipped coils onto or off of trucks.
As the selected candidate, you will need a high school level reading and writing, visual acuity to read labels, meters, gauges, documents and instructions, in addition to the following:
- Ability to read and comprehend written materials such as schedules, SOPs, work rules, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all members of team.
- Ability to safely operate small manual and electric hand tools.
- Available to work up to 12 hours per day on rotating shifts, that could include weekends and holidays.
- To Apply: https://precoat.com/careers