Employment Caseworkers provide employment preparedness support, employability case management, and assist with job search coaching for clients in Workforce Solutions programs at the International Institute. The work of the Employment Caseworker is to help prepare individuals to identify strengths, overcome barriers, and gain a deeper understanding of working in the United States through support, coaching, and referrals. This position focuses on enrollment into Workforce Solutions programs, case management, and follow ups across multiple programs and grants.
• Work closely with clients that are enrolled in Temporary Assistance to Needy Families and support families’ maintenance of state benefits
• Provide transportation to clients for employment services or enrollment needs
• Provide supportive case management services to clients who are enrolled in employment programs utilizing a clientcentered approach
• Work with program clients to ensure that they are meeting all requirements of the program and have all needs addressed for reaching selfsufficiency
• Prepare client for employment success by creating Employment Plans with the job seeker and identifying client’s strengths and support clients to overcome barriers to gaining employmentsuch as: understand how to navigate public transportation options, connecting to childcare, ESOL, etc.
• Prescreen clients for specific roles to ensure successful referral to employment opportunities to meet the client's needs and goals, utilizing a clientled service approach
• Maintain regular communication with each client and complete required follow ups
• Provide internal and external referrals to services for clients to meet individual needs and provide connections to training and other educations opportunities as well as employment
• Prepare lessons for Job Readiness Classes and Job Clubs
• Maintain strict confidentiality of all client records and information
• Provide detailed daily case notes and documentation in client databases, including followup
• Manage all required documentation, coordination, and execution of grant requirements
• Attended all agency and grant-related meetings as directed
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
• Contribute to an environment that fosters the organization’s mission, teamwork,effective communication, responsiveness, service to the clients and service to the community.
• Ensure that the mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image.
• Assist in operationalizing the strategic plan.
• Must have a car and valid driver's license with proof of insurance
• Understanding of hiring process, professional work experience
• Strong proficiency using webbased client database programs, Microsoft Office, and other digital literacy
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and familiarity working with nonnative English speakers
• Experience with data management and extensive documentation experience
• Flexibility and ability to maintain composure and professionalism in times of stress
• Ability to prioritize, effectively manage multiple projects concurrently, and take ownership of work.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team as necessary.
• Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external customers.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of client and organization’s information.
• Must be meticulous, but able to maintain a balanced perspective in rapidly changing circumstances.
• Ability to work productively in a multicultural environment and demonstrate respect for differences in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to approach and resolve problems in a detail and solution-oriented manner.
• Preferred Language ability in at least one other language
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework (such as Human Resources, Marketing, Public Relations, or Business Administration), preferred
• Associate’s Degree with relevant coursework and 2 years of full-time experience
• Increasingly responsible (2-4 years of full-time equivalent experience) in job development, human resources, job placement, or closely related field.
The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.