Nu-Calgon is a fast-growing, privately held company that markets and distributes a complete line of specialty chemical products for the HVAC/R, plumbing, and food service aftermarkets. Nu-Calgon has a rich history in the industry as a leader in the chemical aftermarket for over 90 years. The company is strategically headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, and has an extensive direct factory sales force supporting North America.
Your position will focus on the safe and efficient movement of products and materials by pickingorders and driving a forklift.
• Assists Director of Logistics with hiring and training of new and temporary shipping employees for nightshift.
• Schedules and oversees nightshift warehouse staff, including daily allocation of orders through warehouse management system.
• Train new full-time and temporary nightshift employees.
• Coordinates with the Director of Logistics to conduct performance evaluations for nightshift warehouse staff that are timely and constructive.
• Help maintain a strong culture that creates a positive, supportive, and safe work environment for all warehouse staff.
• Assist in the warehouse to pick inventory for customer orders and/or receive and record new inventory that was delivered but not put away and inspect/store it according to policy.
• Monitors inventory levels; coordinates replenishment of stock in picking locations as necessary.
• Works with the receiving team and quality team to address any received items that do not meet quality standards.
• Ensure all shipped orders shipped are recorded in the warehouse management system.
• Collaborates with the Director of Logistics, Warehouse Receiving & Shipping Leads, and other departments as needed to develop procedures to increase the efficiency of warehouse practices.
• Ensures that the necessary equipment is available and in working order to complete assignments, resolves routine equipment issues, and ensures equipment is charging throughout the night and at shift end.
• Keeps team members informed about rules, regulations, policies, and objectives.
• Enforces operating instructions and safety policies.
• Resolves conflicts that arise among team members and/or other employees.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent management and interpersonal skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to motivate team to accomplish objectives.
• Ability to solve conflicts among coworkers.
• Ability to remain organized and have attention to detail.
• Must be prompt, reliable and able to meet deadlines.
• Proficient with data entry and inventory software and systems.
• Certified to operate a forklift.
Education and Experience:
• Associate degree in business or similar discipline preferred. If not obtained, 5+ years of work experience in a similar role is required.
• 5+ years of experience in distribution or manufacturing required.
• Prolonged periods of sitting or standing on a forklift.
• Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds at times.
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive annual salary, plus commissions
Healt h, Dental, and Vision
401(k) with employer match
To apply email resume: firstname.lastname@example.org