Member Service Representative
St. Louis Community is more than a credit union. As a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), we exist to serve communities through financial hope and inclusion.
We’re looking for excellent people to be part of our giveback. We are committed to hiring in the neighborhoods we serve, and we recruit and retain people of all backgrounds to help meet the financial services needs of our members and our community.
If you have a great work ethic, motivation to excel, and a desire to serve, come grow with us. You’ll find more than a job here. You’ll find a passion and a career. Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today!
St. Louis Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Summary:Provide an environment of excellence for our members, our employees, and our community. Build and maintain strong member relationships through the use of member service and selling skills. Receive and process membership, loan and checking applications, open new services, complete routine teller transactions, and counsel members on other financial services.
- Build and maintain strong member relationships consistently serving using DOTS (Discovering Opportunities To Serve) whenever assisting members.
- Deliver an excellent service experience to the members by consistently having a friendly demeanor, sense of urgency, willingness to assist the member whenever needed, and ensuring all issues and requests are resolved promptly, thoroughly, and to the member’s satisfaction.
- Provide education on appropriate products or services (i.e., shares, checking, certificates, IRA’s, loans, ATM/Debit cards, Virtual branches, Internet banking, audio response, etc.): and counsel members on the benefits of credit union products and services.
- Accurately process various account requests, including, but not limited to opening new accounts and services, disputes, stop payment requests, debit card reorders, address change requests, account transfers, requests for account ownership changes, closing accounts, etc.
- Process loan requests (take complete applications, answer underwriting questions, obtain and verify requested documents) and prepare loan documents as authorized.
- Deliver loan decisions with respect and dignity regardless of the outcome. Counsel members on alternatives that best meet their financial situation.
- When closing loans, ensure the member is familiar with all terms, conditions, disclosures, and collateral securing the loan.
- Consistently meet and/or exceed assigned goals.
- Recommend changes to policies and procedures to a Branch Manager/AVP of Branch Operations to ensure superior member service and efficiency of operations is maintained.
- Keep all members and credit union business strictly confidential.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all guidelines specified under internal audit and quality control policies and procedures.
- Understand and comply with all state and federal regulations and laws. Ensure compliance with all governing regulations, especially the Bank Secrecy Act requirements. Bank Secrecy Act knowledge will be determined by the employee’s position and responsibility.
- Reliable: ready to work at scheduled times
- DWYSYWD: do what you say you will do
- Responsible: perform job duties accurately, on time, and within budget; don’t pass the buck when something goes wrong
- Resourceful: run it like you own it (use CU resources wisely)
- Avoiding actions that warrant a write-up
- Adhere to all Credit Union policies and procedures
- Having strong attention to detail to avoid repeated errors and errors due to blatant negligence.
- Supportive: help your co-workers succeed
- Cooperative: work together, not in isolation (together, everyone achieves more)
- Golden Rule: treat others the way you want to be treated
- Attitude: help create a friendly and positive atmosphere wherever you are
- Having no negative internal survey reports
- Provide assistance to fellow employees to enhance their ability to provide continuous, quality member service.
- Provide training and assistance to other Member Service Representatives.
- Keep work area clean and free of clutter or waste to project a professional appearance.
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments or functions as required and/or assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent business experience.
- At least one year of experience in Credit Unions or other financial institutions is preferred; working knowledge of credit union consumer lending policy is preferred.
- Must have basic reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take responsibility for continuous member service and participate in a team effort to provide efficient service and meet member needs.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be flexible and dependable with a professional appearance.
- Must be accurate and detail-oriented, knowledgeable about computer systems as it relates to loans, new accounts, and general credit union inquiries.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal relationship skills; be clear and concise in oral/written communication.
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, team player and member service oriented in attitude and performance and amiable personality.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do data entry, stand/walk, bend/stoop/crouch, kneel/push/bend, talk and/or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds. The employee must occasionally drive from his or her home office to different branches.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Ancillary life insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Paid vacation time, personal days plus federal holidays
- Competitive pay
- Paid training
- Opportunities for career growth (promoting from within)