Position: Program Specialist, part-time
Position location: Saint Louis, MO and surrounding area
Council website: www.stlbsa.org
The mission of the Greater St. Louis Area Council Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law. We are looking for energetic and outgoing individuals who enjoy working with kids and want a fun job where they can have a positive impact on the lives of children and families in underserved communities throughout the St. Louis and surrounding areas.
• Work directly with youth, leading programs and activities for assigned Scouting units.
• Conduct field trips, campouts, cultural activities, and other horizon-broadening experiences.
• Attend council Cub Scout/Boy Scout Advancement Workshops, summer camps, and activities.
• Participate in council Camp Card and Popcorn fundraisers.
• Conduct membership recruitment events to register youth members.
• Identify, recruit, and coordinate training for new adult volunteers to help with meetings and activities.
• Work with staff and volunteer leaders to design, develop, and implement procedures for selecting and recruiting adult leaders, recruiting and retaining youth participants, and providing a quality unit program.
• Document program outcomes, youth achievements, attendance, and registration renewals.
• Attend monthly Program Specialist staff meetings.
• Strong interpersonal, organization, and process-improvement skills
• Proven ability to work with minimal supervision, exercise of discretion, and independent judgement
• Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with diverse audiences.
• Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible, and creative
• Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills
• High ethical and professional working standards
• Must be willing to accept and meet the BSA’s leadership and membership standards and
subscribe to the Scout Oath and Law.
• Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
• Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities and weekend work is
• A Scouting background is helpful, but not required for employment.
• Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference, and motor vehicle background
All councils are equal opportunity employers. Rate of pay is up to $15.00 per hour, with
reimbursement for business mileage at the standard IRS rate. The position of Program
Specialist is a part-time position and as such is not scheduled to exceed 30 hours per week of
How to apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only the most qualified
candidates will be contacted.