Midwest BankCentre is proud to be recognized as one of St. Louis’ Top Workplaces for 2021 and 2022!
About Midwest BankCentre
Midwest BankCentre is a values-based bank that has been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Our purpose is to help regional communities thrive by creating the conditions to help Main Street, marginalized communities and multicultural markets live into their full potential. We work to empower people, enable business and energize neighborhoods through the strength of our financial services, including personalized consumer and business banking, business cash management, mortgage lending, home equity loans, financial planning and investments, insurance and digital banking.
We are committed to making meaningful, long-term investments in communities that lift everyone up so we can all RISE TOGETHER. Our commitment to shared prosperity, our investment in Community and Economic Development and our dedication to diversity and inclusion are reflected is the ways Midwest BankCentre lives its purpose.
A few more facts about Midwest BankCentre:
- We are ranked as one of the top employers in the region because of our commitment to our team members and the communities we serve.
- We rank among the St. Louis Region’s largest locally owned banks.
- We have 17 locations throughout Missouri and Illinois, including the City of St. Louis and St. Louis, St. Charles, Jefferson, and St. Clair Counties.
- We have state of the art online and mobile banking platforms that allow us to meet customers where they are to help them get to where they want to be.
- We foster a culture that supports your success and professional growth.
Objectives of this Role
The Treasurer is responsible for providing a leadership role in determining optimal strategies involving the company’s asset/liability risk position, balance sheet mix based on profitability and risks, investment portfolio, and funding, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, leading and managing the company’s investment portfolio, bank owned-life insurance (BOLI), asset/liability management process, managing liquidity and interest rate risk and funding. This position is an integral part of the senior leadership team and will be expected to be proactive in determining, recommending, influencing and implementing tactics and strategies that enhance the value of the organization. Excellent organization, management, analytical, communication and reporting skills are necessary to be successful in this role.
- Lead and manage the daily activities related to funds and cash management, as well as interest rate risk, liquidity, capital and asset/liability management. Work with the Company’s asset/liability management consultant to produce and interpret quarterly Asset Liability Management Committee (ALCO) reports, monitor the liquidity position on a weekly basis and manage other sources of liquidity.
- Serve as the Chair of the monthly ALCO meetings and prepare/coordinate monthly ALCO reports.
- Oversee and manage the investment securities portfolio performance and make recommendations on investment alternatives to the CFO while considering liquidity needs, yield and conformance to asset and liability requirements and guidelines.
- Oversee and manage public funds gathering and pledging including required reporting.
- Oversee and manage the BOLI portfolio.
- Oversee and manage wholesale funding requirements.
- Assist in analyzing, recommending, and implementing necessary improvements across the finance landscape.
- Evaluate current treasury related policies and practices and drive continuous improvement, research, and analysis in all treasury matters.
- Excellent communication skills specifically in persuading and simplifying complex concepts/data, including derivative/hedging strategies.
- Perform duties and projects from time to time as delegated by the CFO.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities are as required and may change at any time with or without notice.
- Customer Centric Focus
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Act with Integrity
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Results Oriented/Execution
- Business Acumen
- Create Vision and Alignment
- Reward and Recognize Employees
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with emphasis in Accounting or Finance
- CPA license, post-graduate coursework or MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of treasury management experience in banking, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities for this role.
- Extensive, hands-on experience in asset/liability management, investment portfolio management, funding and liquidity management.
- Strong leadership skills with proven results in defining and achieving key initiatives and leading teams.
- Must be highly organized and able to simultaneously maintain and manage multiple time-sensitive reports and projects.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Computer proficiency and intermediate proficiency in Excel.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. Midwest BankCentre is recognized nationally for its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion practices and embraces these practices as a competitive advantage.
If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be the right candidate for this or other Midwest BankCentre roles!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Midwest BankCentre. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.