Midwest BankCentre is proud to be recognized as one of St. Louis’ Top Workplaces for 2021 and 2022!
About Midwest BankCentre
Midwest BankCentre is a values-based bank that has been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Our purpose is to help regional communities thrive by creating the conditions to help Main Street, marginalized communities and multicultural markets live into their full potential. We work to empower people, enable business and energize neighborhoods through the strength of our financial services, including personalized consumer and business banking, business cash management, mortgage lending, home equity loans, financial planning and investments, insurance and digital banking.
We are committed to making meaningful, long-term investments in communities that lift everyone up so we can all RISE TOGETHER. Our commitment to shared prosperity, our investment in Community and Economic Development and our dedication to diversity and inclusion are reflected is the ways Midwest BankCentre lives its purpose.
A few more facts about Midwest BankCentre:
- We are ranked as one of the top employers in the region because of our commitment to our team members and the communities we serve.
- We rank among the St. Louis Region’s largest locally owned banks.
- We have 17 locations throughout Missouri and Illinois, including the City of St. Louis and St. Louis, St. Charles, Jefferson, and St. Clair Counties.
- We have state of the art online and mobile banking platforms that allow us to meet customers where they are to help them get to where they want to be.
- We foster a culture that supports your success and professional growth.
The Senior Auditor will plan and perform various financial, operational and compliance audits to evaluate the system of internal controls to mitigate financial, operational, and other relevant risks as well as compliance with application laws and regulations.
- Plan and perform audits, documenting processes and key controls, developing audit procedures to test the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, and reporting issues identified.
- Perform risk assessments and assess controls in place to mitigate identified risks by applying business and industry knowledge.
- Conduct planning meetings and communicate with audit clients the audit scope, timing, status of audit procedures, findings, and recommendations.
- Design effective audit procedures and document the results of audit work in accordance with department and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards.
- Lead, supervise and review the performance of procedures and related documentation of less experienced team members for compliance with department and IIA Standards.
- Analyze and conclude on the effectiveness and efficiency of internal control, as well as identify control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement.
- Prepare written reports summarizing the results of procedures performed and related findings and recommendations.
- Perform follow up on outstanding audit findings and recommendations.
- Assist in the performance and completion of the annual audit plan.
- Develop and manage productive and collaborative relationships with audit clients.
- Assist in developing, mentoring, and training team members.
- Perform audit engagement budget tracking and variance analysis to ensure audits are performed within budgeted timeframes.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and professionalism to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Perform special projects, investigations and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in the application and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Standards, IIA Standards and COSO Internal Control Integrated Framework.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and lead, mentor, and train team members.
- Critical thinking and strong decision-making skills with the ability to interpret the results of procedures and discern the severity of findings.
- Strong interpersonal and self-management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Organized and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, clearly expressing ideas and concepts both verbally and written.
- Ability to interact cordially with coworkers to accomplish common tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business related field.
- A minimum of three years of experience in internal or external auditing (or two years in a public accounting firm) is required.
- Experience in performing operational and financial audits in in the banking or financial services industry is preferred.
- An active certification as Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Public Accountant is preferred.
- No travel requirements for this position
- Remote work available
Midwest BankCentre is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workforce. For more information about Midwest BankCentre, please visit our website at midwestbankcentre.com
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. Midwest BankCentre is recognized nationally for its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion practices and embraces these practices as a competitive advantage.
If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be the right candidate for this or other Midwest BankCentre roles!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Midwest BankCentre. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.