Innovative Client Specialist - Dellwood
Midwest BankCentre is proud to be recognized as one of St. Louis’ Top Workplaces for 2021 and 2022!
About Midwest BankCentre
Midwest BankCentre is a values-based bank that has been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Our purpose is to help regional communities thrive by creating the conditions to help Main Street, marginalized communities and multicultural markets live into their full potential. We work to empower people, enable business and energize neighborhoods through the strength of our financial services, including personalized consumer and business banking, business cash management, mortgage lending, home equity loans, financial planning and investments, insurance and digital banking.
We are committed to making meaningful, long-term investments in communities that lift everyone up so we can all RISE TOGETHER. Our commitment to shared prosperity, our investment in Community and Economic Development and our dedication to diversity and inclusion are reflected is the ways Midwest BankCentre lives its purpose.
A few more facts about Midwest BankCentre:
- We are ranked as one of the top employers in the region because of our commitment to our team members and the communities we serve.
- We rank among the St. Louis Region’s largest locally owned banks.
- We have 17 locations throughout Missouri and Illinois, including the City of St. Louis and St. Louis, St. Charles, Jefferson, and St. Clair Counties.
- We have state of the art online and mobile banking platforms that allow us to meet customers where they are to help them get to where they want to be.
- We foster a culture that supports your success and professional growth.
Objectives of this Role
- Engage with customers and establish rapport that encourages further engagement
- Assist team in achieving branch goals
- Provide excellent customer service
- Remain flexible to accommodate branch staffing needs
- Work independently and manage their time
- Follow policies and procedures, maintain accuracy
- Follow through on daily, weekly and monthly tasks
- Contribute to branch meetings and culture
- Understand each customer’s financial goals and provide consultative advice to help them achieve their goals; go beyond basic transactional interactions to derive complete solutions tailored to each customer’s unique situation. Banker will be responsible for assisting with account opening and account maintenance including completion of consumer loan applications and closings. Promote products and services based on customer's needs:
- Support and promote digital banking with knowledge of all online and app-based banking solutions, assisting with ITM, online/mobile banking setup, login, and password resets while offering advice in using various digital solutions like bill pay, mobile deposit, alerts, online transfers, payments, etc.Understanding of digital systems and its functionality:
- Be proactive, using contact management methodology to build relationships over time, identifying opportunities for expanding customer relationships, making next-best product recommendations, and solving issues or problems before they arise. In-bound and out-bound call handling:
- Connect customers to experienced banking partners when appropriate to ensure that customers can accomplish all their financial needs within Midwest BankCentreReferrals to business partners:
- Assists in leading financial education courses aimed at improving the community understanding of finances and ways of achieving their financial goals. Facilitate Finanical Empowerment courses:
- : Through specific on-going training, you will gain knowledge of and adhere to BSA, USA Patriot Act, AML, obtain and maintain NMLS and Notary Public. The employee must maintain awareness of and adherence to Bank’s compliance requirements and risk management concepts, expectations, policies and procedures and apply them to daily tasks.Understanding of federal banking regulations
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities are as required and may change at any time with or without notice.
- Customer Centric Focus
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Act with Integrity
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Results Oriented/Execution
- Business Acumen
Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required; Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of two years bank customer contact or retail sales experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Willing and able to travel to other locations/branches Willing and able to work required overtime. Standard hours will be Monday through Friday. This position is hourly and full time. Generally, the position will require 40 hours per week. Evenings and weekends may be required as necessary.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. Midwest BankCentre is recognized nationally for its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion practices and embraces these practices as a competitive advantage.
If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be the right candidate for this or other Midwest BankCentre roles!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Midwest BankCentre. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.