Midwest BankCentre is proud to be recognized as one of St. Louis’ Top Workplaces for 2021 and 2022!
About Midwest BankCentre
Midwest BankCentre is a values-based bank that has been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Our purpose is to help regional communities thrive by creating the conditions to help Main Street, marginalized communities and multicultural markets live into their full potential. We work to empower people, enable business and energize neighborhoods through the strength of our financial services, including personalized consumer and business banking, business cash management, mortgage lending, home equity loans, financial planning and investments, insurance and digital banking.
We are committed to making meaningful, long-term investments in communities that lift everyone up so we can all RISE TOGETHER. Our commitment to shared prosperity, our investment in Community and Economic Development and our dedication to diversity and inclusion are reflected is the ways Midwest BankCentre lives its purpose.
A few more facts about Midwest BankCentre:
- We are ranked as one of the top employers in the region because of our commitment to our team members and the communities we serve.
- We rank among the St. Louis Region’s largest locally owned banks.
- We have 17 locations throughout Missouri and Illinois, including the City of St. Louis and St. Louis, St. Charles, Jefferson, and St. Clair Counties.
- We have state of the art online and mobile banking platforms that allow us to meet customers where they are to help them get to where they want to be.
- We foster a culture that supports your success and professional growth.
Objectives of this Role
Assists the BSA department with the daily and periodic monitoring and researching of state and federal compliance requirements, acts, and laws related to the Bank Secrecy Act and the USA Patriot Act. Responsible for all areas outlined within the BSA/AML FFIEC handbook and other acts, laws, and guidance.
- Assists management and BSA Officer with the implementation of procedures that address newly enacted regulations or procedural modification resulting from changes in regulations related to the Bank’s BSA/AML Program.
- Assists with monitoring current business environment, internal review processes, and reports from business units regarding various BSA compliance issues in order to ensure that appropriate internal controls exist within centralized business units and other major departments within MBC.
- Makes recommendations for improvements if internal controls are lacking
- CDD and EDD implementation and reviews
- Assist with regulatory BSA examinations and preparations under the direction of the BSA Officer
- CTR and SAR filings, including review and monitoring of CTR exemptions
- Miscellaneous BSA related projects
- Review of high risk activities and customers, including suspicious activity reporting
- Monitor and recordkeeping of OFAC and 314a requirements
- CIP reviews
- RMD audits
- Customer account/relationship reviews
- Review of AML/BSA software alerts and reports
- Provides direct assistance and support to the investigation of suspicious activity related to BSA, OFAC or terrorism as necessary.
- Provides direct assistance and support to Audit, Compliance and Consulting personnel, and other areas of the Bank as deemed necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities are as required and may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 years BSA compliance experience and at least 3 years of banking experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Microsoft programs
- Written and Oral Communication
- Results Oriented; Dependable
- Presentation Proficiency
- Data Management
- Self-Motivated; Innovative
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Task and Responsibility Prioritization
- Ability to function independently
- Team Building
- Problem Solving
- Workflow Analysis
- Strategic and Operational Planning
- Ability to interact cordially with coworkers to accomplish common tasks.
- Ability to accurately read, write, and speak the English language
- Auditory ability to use a telephone
- Ability to accurately enter data on a PC
- Visual acuity to accurately review and proof information
- Ability to operate general office equipment (fax, copier)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. Midwest BankCentre is recognized nationally for its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion practices and embraces these practices as a competitive advantage.
If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be the right candidate for this or other Midwest BankCentre roles!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Midwest BankCentre. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.