BankCentre Leader - Branch Manager
Midwest BankCentre is proud to be recognized as one of St. Louis’ Top Workplaces for 2021 and 2022!
About Midwest BankCentre
Midwest BankCentre is a values-based bank that has been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Our purpose is to help regional communities thrive by creating the conditions to help Main Street, marginalized communities and multicultural markets live into their full potential. We work to empower people, enable business and energize neighborhoods through the strength of our financial services, including personalized consumer and business banking, business cash management, mortgage lending, home equity loans, financial planning and investments, insurance and digital banking.
We are committed to making meaningful, long-term investments in communities that lift everyone up so we can all RISE TOGETHER. Our commitment to shared prosperity, our investment in Community and Economic Development and our dedication to diversity and inclusion are reflected is the ways Midwest BankCentre lives its purpose.
A few more facts about Midwest BankCentre:
- We are ranked as one of the top employers in the region because of our commitment to our team members and the communities we serve.
- We rank among the St. Louis Region’s largest locally owned banks.
- We have 17 locations throughout Missouri and Illinois, including the City of St. Louis and St. Louis, St. Charles, Jefferson, and St. Clair Counties.
- We have state of the art online and mobile banking platforms that allow us to meet customers where they are to help them get to where they want to be.
- We foster a culture that supports your success and professional growth.
Objectives of this Role
As a BankCentre Leader with Midwest BankCentre, you will be responsible for cultivating relationships with new and existing customers, fostering a positive work environment for your team and maintaining a focus on branch growth goals. You will be a role model and mentor to your team, demonstrating expectations as you lead by example. You will be accountable for growth of the business and risk management as defined by sales goal targets and successful audits.
BankCentre Leaders must be able to:
- Lead by example and coach to excellence
- Be responsive to branch needs and fill in accordingly
- Manage time and competing priorities
- Communicate effectively
- Provide excellent customer service
- Implement banks vision in everyday activities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement strategies to reach branch goals
- Team training and development
- Oversee and manage to Customer Experience surveys
- Embrace MBC's commitment to volunteerism and community engagement
- Problem resolution
- Risk management, operational and audit success
- Account opening and transaction processing
- Manage appearance and security of branch
BankCentre Leaders will become knowledgeable and adhere to BSA, USA Patriot Act, AML, obtain and maintain NMLS, Notary Public and Medallion Stamp Certification.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are as required and may change at any time with or without notice.
- Customer Centric Focus
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Act with Integrity
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Results Oriented/Execution
- Business Acumen
- Building Effective Teams
- Create Vision and Alignment
- Reward and Recognize Employees
Skills and Qualifications
- Associates degree required; Bachelor's degree highly preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience in financial services
- A minimum of one year of management experience
- Strong PC skills, particularly with Excel and Word
- Strong attention to detail and able to handle multiple tasks and priorities at any given time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Must be willing and able to travel to other locations/branches.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. Midwest BankCentre is recognized nationally for its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion practices and embraces these practices as a competitive advantage.
If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be the right candidate for this or other Midwest BankCentre roles!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Midwest BankCentre. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.